Here’s How to Stay Healthy While Working From Home

Are you working from home? If you’ve been doing this for quite some time now, then you are already aware how difficult it can be to be fit and healthy. As you know there are so many temptations to be very unhealthy. From sitting all day to eating junk and fast food.

But that should not be the case. What you need is to be aware of what you should be doing and eating while you’re working in your home. Yes, it can certainly be a challenge but you are definitely capable of making it work for you.


Here are some of the things you should remind yourself to do however busy you might be with your job.

Stock your refrigerator and pantry only with healthy food.

Do not buy chips, soda drinks, alcoholic drinks, candies, and other similar food items. Instead, whenever you go grocery shopping, you should only have fresh produce in your shopping list.

And create a list before you even step inside the supermarket. In my personal experience, I help myself avoid unnecessary food stuff when they’re not included in my list. And I’ve learned to be stern to always stick to what’s on that list and to not stray away from it.

An added bonus is you will be saving some money because you are not buying things that you do no actually need. It’s a win-win situation for you.

Get up and move around for some exercise.

I have been guilty in the years past of sometimes not getting up from my work chair for hours on end when I was too engrossed with my work. While that’s good for my job, it was never good for my health. I started to gain weight and I realized I wasn’t living a healthy lifestyle.

So I read this article that it is beneficial to our health if would stand up after every hour of working (if you can make it 30 or 15 minutes, that’s even better) and move around the house.

You can take a quick walk in your garden or around your block, if it’s safe and comfortable for you to go outside. You can even just stay in the room and do some push ups and stretching. You see, the exercise does not need to be exhaustive and strenuous. The idea is you need to add more movements within the hours of your working in your home.

Take enough rest.

First of all, make sure that you are getting enough sleep whether it’s 8 hours or just 5 hours. It actually differs per individual, not everybody needs at least 8 hours. As long as you feel well rested and refreshed, that’s already enough sleep for you.

Of course, I’m not saying you do this within your work hours because that would be silly. What you can do in between work is to take a nap. Just limit it to 15 minutes because if it’s longer than that then it would be harder for you stay awake. For most people, a 15-minute nap is all they need to get re-energized. And that should include yourself.

Work From Home Responsibly

So that’s just about what you need to do to stay healthy while you’re at home working. Keep in mind that while your job is an integral part of your life, your health should always be a major consideration for you.

Popular Posts